Sunday, September 14, 2008

The First Day of School




School has started! The girls are in school on MWF, and I teach on W/F!!! Both girls are doing great. Mary Stuart has a wonderful teacher, who has really made her comfortable going to school. This hasn't always been easy for her, but for the first time, she looks forward to school and really is excited to start Show and Tell and Chapel and Learning Center and all of the other Three-Year-Old things she is able to do that Molly isn't!
Molly loves her class, too. Her teacher is so wonderful. I shared a common area with her last year when I was an assistant and I was able to see all of the wonderful things she can do. She puts a lot of effort into creating themes and activities.

In other news, the girls are REALLY into helping Mommy in the kitchen. An added benefit to that is it does help them to eat what they helped cook. Here is a picture of the girls helping "bake" biscuits (in this case removing them from a freezer bag). Usually our cooking projects are more fun than that, but they don't care either way.


Yesterday we got a visit from our close friends Martha and Harrison. We go to their house every Thanksgiving for lunch. Harrison is a VERY good cook. It's his hobby, I suppose. So he usually makes a wonderful, hearty soup. Martha enjoys baking, so we usually gobble up her carrot cake...Anyways, they came for a visit and here are some pictures. Note the new rainboots they gave the girls. Molly loved Harrison!



And, finally, Tom and I have been chasing Molly around the house looking for her diaper and pants she has removed. She spends most of her days in the nudie and it is driving us nuts. I know, she is really close to being potty trained. But it hasn't clicked yet. She doesn't associate having to "go" with the potty.
Well, yesterday, she proved me wrong. She went to the potty, had fun flushing and pulling toilet paper out. She did this three times until FINALLY she pee-peed in the potty! Yay! She is making progress! I'll take the plunge soon and full-on train her. I'm not ready yet, and I'm not sure she is, either. We'll see!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Congrats on the potty thing. Two in diapers is not awesome.

The Brown Family said...

Those pictures are the best...wow, mary stuart is a "girl" now...she has really grown. molly makes me laugh...her and mags would be trouble!

The Brock Family said...

Your girls are too cute! I can't wait to see them!