Saturday, September 20, 2008

Here comes fall!

I don't know about the rest of the world today, but the weather today in Charlotte was PERFECT. It was sunny, cool, no humidity, and perfect fall/football weather

Speaking of football, Tom and I are a little bitter we had the miss the ECU game today. What a great game that was!!! GO PACK! Today was the first day the girls heard their daddy cheer, and I mean cheer, for his team. Instead of being scared of his fire and brimstone, they got a chuckle out of it. And I did, too. We would have gone to the game, but all signs pointed NOT go to. First came the lack of gas to be found. Next, I had to have an "unexpected" root canal Thursday, so I wouldn't have been much fun. And Jaime called today to seal the deal...Peyton has the stomach flu. I guess a good game can be enjoyed by the TV.

Mary Stuart and I started today by going to a neighborhood yard sale. I don't really do yard sales, since they are so early. But Mary Stuart's teacher was a part of it (she lives in the neighborhood next to us). So she really wanted to go. We came home with a Little Tikes vanity mirror, complete with a seat and makeup. $5. I'm sold on garage sales. What else can we find??? A new kitchen?? Outside equipment??? If they don't play with it, it's no loss for us!!

We ended the day outside. I took the easel outside and the girls had fun. Molly is a budding Jackson Pollock. Mary Stuart enjoys learning how to color her coloring books.

Note our artists. Molly has to wear her panties "just this way" for inspiration.




<

1 comment:

Eric said...

I believe Hartley has a similar experience with watching her dad watch NCSU sports. Generally, we all start downstairs, watching the the game with smiles on our faces. Within minutes, the rest of the family starts to migrate upstairs and eventually outside the house.

As for the painting picture...hilarious! Sorry to hear about the root canal.

And why can't you find gas...shortage in NC?